Summer Vegetable Curry
By Emiko S.
Have you tried Japanese curry? Japanese curry is easy to make. You need just a pan. Put everything into a pan and it is so delicious! Learn how to make the curry while you are in Japan. Curry usually has cut potato, carrot, onion and meat are in it. Since it is summer time, many vegetables are in harvest. You can get them easily at the local super market. Try to put your favorite vegetables in Japanese curry and make your original curry!
1/2 lb meat cut into bite size
Prepare any vegetables you like
My recommendation’s are
Egg plant, Pepper, Tomato, Okura, Zucchini, Pumpkin, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Etc.
Cut into bite sizeZ
1Pkg: Curry Mix (Curry Roux)
4 Cups of water
1 Garlic clove: minced or finely chopped
1. Heat the pan and pour the grease into the pan.
2. If you put onion in the curry, stir fry onion first, until the onion becomes soft and lightly brown in its color, when you are doing so, make sure the onion does not get burnt (approximately 30 minutes.)
3. Add other vegetables and garlic into the pan. Keep frying for 5 minutes, or until vegetables become brighter in color.
4. Add meat in the pan and continue cooking until the color changes to brown.
5. Pour water into the pan just to cover the top of the ingredients (about 4 cups.)
6. Let it boil and cook until vegetables are soft, when you can pierce them with fork.
7. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir curry mix into the pan. (Break the curry mix into cubes before you add into the pan.)
8. Once the curry mix dissolves completely, put the pan back onto the stove and simmer until the soup becomes thicker in its texture.
9. Pour curry over the cooked rice.
10. Dash desired amount of parmesan cheese on top of curry before serving.
Insider Art & Design Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2008 All rights reserved.