Cherry and Grape Jelly
By Nao H. Kauffman
Cherries are now in season. You can pick fresh cherries at many Nanbu Town orchards. Cherry pie is a traditional American dessert. However, you can enjoy cooking a different dessert plus enjoy eating this chilled dessert. The bubbly texture is fun to enjoy on a sunny warm day. Let’s try this interesting dessert.
Ingredients (servings/ two)
250cc soda such as sprite or ginger ale
10g granulated sugar
3 tablespoons hot water
1. Remove seeds from cherries and grapes.
2. Mix gelatin powder with hot water.
3. Pour 1/3 soda in a glass and add 1/3 liquid gelatin with grapes and cherries.
4. Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes until the jelly gets hardened.
5. Repeat no.3 until filling up the glass.
6. Put the rest of the fruit on top of the hardened jelly and add the rest of the soda for extra bubbles.
Mix the soda and liquid gelatin gradually and add them into the glass a few times. Do not mix the liquid gelatin and soda together at the same time or the soda becomes flat.
Courtesy Recipe: http://cookpad.com/recipe/264719
Insider Art & Design Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2008 All rights reserved.