It is time for plums in June. Nanbu-cho is famous for plums. There are as many plum trees as there are apple trees. Nanbu-cho is less an hour drive from Misawa. You will see green plums at Michinoeki (road side station), especially in Nanbu-cho and any super market. In this season, there is a Umeshu section at the super market. You can find Ume((plums), Crystal sugar and White liquor. We will introduce how to make Plum Sake today. After make Plum Sake, you can use the plums for making jam and steak sauce. It is delicious too. Let’s make it!
1. Plum (green ones) 1kg (2.2 lbs)
2. Crystal sugar 1kg (2.2 lbs)
3. White liquor 1.8 liters (64 oz)
1. Wash plums and wipe them dry well. Take plum's stem off with a toothpick.
2. Put a plum into a jar and put crystal sugar on the plum. Repeat until you finish all the plums.
3. Pour on the white liquor.
4. They will be ready in 3 months. They will get mellow in a year.
Insider Art & Design Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2008 All rights reserved.