Daifuku is a kind of Japanese-style confection. The sweet red beans and strawberries are wrapped with a thinly rice cake (Mochi). You would think it is difficult to make Daifuku, but it is very easy to make. You can make the thinly rice cake using a microwave and buy the boiled red beans can, and some kind of powder(Joshin-ko, Shiratama-ko) at a nearby supermarket! Spring is the season of strawberries, so what I recommend is making a strawberry Daifuku for you. You can use ice cream, chocolate, and anything you want instead of strawberries. Just try to make it!
Ingredients (makes 6 pieces)
1/5 cup Joshin-ko (rice powder)
1/5 cup Shiratama-ko (rice cake powder)
1/10 cup of sugar
4/5 cup water and 1/5 cup water
Whipping cream (if you like)
Anko, Sweet Beans
2/5 sweat red beans can
3 tbsp water
1 teaspoon sugar
1/3 teaspoon salt
To make Anko:
1. Mix sweat red beans, 3 tbsp water, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/3 teaspoon salt into a pot, heat and stir till thickened.
2. Take a stem of strawberry out and wipe the strawberry well.
3. Put Joshin-ko, Shiratama-ko and 4/5 cup water into an oven safe dish and mix well.
4. Wrap the dish and put it in the 600kw microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove the dish and stir well with scraper.
5. Repeat step No. 4.
6. Remove the dish and put 1/5 cup of water and stir well.
7. Repeat step No. 4 again till the dough gets gloss.
8. Put the dough into the powdered dish with starch.
9. When the dough gets cold, divide the dough into 6 pieces. Spread the one piece of dough thinly and wrap the sweet red beans and strawberry. Use whip cream if you like.
Insider Art & Design Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2008 All rights reserved.