The real holidays do not involve only turkey, mashed potatoes and side dishes, they also involve lots of delicious, tasty and sweet desserts. Marble cake is enjoyably rich, vanilla and chocolate buttery cake alternately mixed together in a bundt pan, very popular in Europe. If you are looking for some new desserts this year, you may try our marble cake recipe. So, here it is. Just turn on your favorite music, light up a candle, warm up the oven and mix it up.
Bundt pan is a kind of tube pan shaped into a distinctive ridged ring. It's a variation of ceramic cake forms that are used in Germany, Hungary and Czech. The bundt pan was created by an American, H.D. Dalquist in 1950's, when he was asked by a group of Minneapolis Jewish women to make a better shaped tube pan for their bundkuchen ( bund is a German for “gathering” ). He named the pan “bundt” by adding the letter 't’ to the word bund.
10 inch nonstick bundt pan
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
Confectioner's sugar (for serving)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F ( If you don't have nonstick pan, butter and fl our your pan ).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together fl our, salt and baking powder, set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together vanilla and milk, set aside.
4. Put the butter and eggs into standing mixer bowl and beat it on medium speed until creamy.
5. Add sugar and continue to mix for another minute.
6. Decrease the speed to low and alternately add the flour and milk mixture and beat until batter is formed.
7. Continue mixing on low speed for another 4-5 minutes until the batter is smooth.
8. Transfer 2/3 of the batter to the bundt pan.
9. Mix the cocoa powder into the remaining batter, stir and add into the pan. ( do not mix it ).
10. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 65 to 70 minutes.
11. Let the pan cool for 15 minutes. Then carefully invert the cake onto a plate to cool completely.
12. When ready to serve, whisk the confectioners' sugar over the cake.
Insider Art & Design Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2008 All rights reserved.