The authentic chanpon noodles are hard to find in Misawa. If you want to try cooking them after reading Keiko Johnson’s article in this edition, you may use the instant pack produced by Shimadaya (シマダヤ) which I found at the local supermarket, MAEDA, and it is located across from DAISO in Oirase. With just one deep pot, you can easily cook the tasty noodles. However, I would recommend using a pan to fry vegetables and prepare the soup in a different pot in order to keep the fried vegetables from being overcooked. You may check the cooking procedure for better understanding at http://www.nagasakichanpon.jp/hpgen/HPB/categories/8458.html.
Cooking oil 1 table spoon
Chopped vegetables (cabbage, carrots, bean sprouts, green beans)
Shimadaya instant pack for 2 serving noodles and soup concentrate plus 2cups water
(The above is just a suggestion. You may choose any other ingredients for your originality.)
1. Heat the cooking oil in the pan.
2. Stir-fry sliced pork with high heat.
3. Add seafood items into the pan.
4. Start preparing soup in the pot by adding water with the soup concentrate pack.
5. Add some chopped vegetables in the stir-frying pan.
6. Then, mix altogether with soup and stir-fried items.
7. Lastly, add the noodles and cook thoroughly.
8. Serve them into the ramen bowl.
Insider Art & Design Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2008 All rights reserved.