The Fall is coming up any time now, which means temperatures will start to drop and eventually, it'll all give way to those fun Winters we have at Misawa. One of the best ways to combat the cold once it arrives is with good old-fashioned soup! As everyone knows, soups come in all shapes, sizes, colors, textures, and temperatures. The following is a recipe for a classic soup -- Italian Sausage Soup. Here's the specifics (courtesy of AllRecipes.com):
1 pound Italian sausage
1 clove garlic, minced
2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1 cup sliced carrots
1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans (undrained)
2 small zucchini, cubed
2 cups spinach -- packed, rinsed and torn
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic.
2. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini.
5. Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender. 6. Remove from heat, and add spinach.
7. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves.
8. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.
Insider Art & Design Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2008 All rights reserved.