Is there anything better in life than peanut butter? Okay, I know there is, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it’s freaking delicious, not to mention enhances almost any cookie or candy experience. Peanut butter cookies are definitely on my Top 5 Cookies list, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are on my Top 5 Candies list. Have you ever heard of Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, though? They might be the greatest thing to ever exist. Okay, I'm still exaggerating, but they are pretty spectacular. They aren’t that hard to make, either. Here's the specifics (courtesy of AllRecipes.com):
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups (unwrapped)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
3. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
5. Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball.
8. Cool and carefully remove from pan.
Insider Art & Design Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2008 All rights reserved.