The weather is getting warmer, it's time to start thinking about those fun summer desserts that we all love! One of my favorites that I see a lot during the summertime is Key Lime Pie.
Made with key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk, Key Lime Pie is a favorite among many Americans. So, unless you're satisfied with the Edwards brand frozen Key Lime Pie at the commissary, you might want to give making your own a try. It's really simple! Here's the specifics (courtesy of allrecipes.com):
5 egg yolks (beaten)
1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice
1-9 in. prepared graham cracker crust
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C.
2. Combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and key lime juice.
3. Pour mixture into unbaked graham cracker shell.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
6. Top with whipped cream and garnish with lime slices
Insider Art & Design Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2008 All rights reserved.